Click here to download the Study Guide in WORD
INTERACTING WITH THE SERMON
SYNOPSIS OF THE SERMON
In 5 minutes or less, briefly give a synopsis of this week’s sermon. What insight, principle, or observation from this weekend’s message did you find to be most helpful, eye-opening, or troubling? Explain.
GETTING THE CONVERSATION STARTED
These questions can be used as ice-breakers in the beginning OR interwoven between the questions below to draw the group into the discussion.
• What stood out to you in this sermon? Please share briefly.
• If you’ve had an encounter with the Holy Spirit, please share briefly.
• What has caused you to resist asking for more of the Spirit in your life, please share briefly?
Disclaimer: As we enter the Lenten season Vineyard Columbus’ sermon series will focus on the Holy Spirit. VC Small Groups staff wants to share parts of a small group resource produced by pastors at Vineyard Columbus called Living an Empowered Life. This study, and some that follow, are copyrighted and only to be used in a Vineyard Columbus small group. Please limit your printing and distribution. The Bible studies are formatted differently from our typical Small Group Discussion Guides. We will return to the former format when not using these copyrighted small group resources.
Below you’ll see some options for ministry time with your group. We always encourage you to reserve time in your group to pray for one another and wait on the Holy Spirit.
• As a group, take some time to meditate in silence about God and after several moments take time to share any words or pictures people may have received from the Lord.
• Leave some space to at the end to wait on God. Invite His presence and ask God to begin touching people in your group. Wait a bit, and keep your eyes open. See you if you notice the Spirit falling on anyone and continue praying and ministering for those individuals.
• If someone has never experienced the Spirit, have some folks who have experienced the HS and are comfortable praying out pray for that individual.